Monday, August 3, 2015

Puppies and Furniture Assembly

This week was good despite being crazy as usual. Before I arrived to the mission, I thought that things would be super organized, set forth, and the same every day. Yeaaa no. I feel like every day has something out of the ordinary that throws everything for a loop. You just gotta be ready for anything. Anyways...

Last Monday we spent literally the entire day putting together a closet that a member bought. It was really frustrating watching three people fiddle around with the instructions for the first 2 hours, so eventually I kindly and respectfully took over. I took the instructions, analyzed them, and put people to work. It went sooo much faster with someone, me, actually understanding the plans. Dad would have been proud. Honestly, I enjoyed putting the closet together. If I could provide for my family putting together a closet with set instructions every day, that would be fun. It still took all day.

So Tuesday we had to take some of our day to do some necessary things for Preparation Day. We then received a call from the branch president asking us to put together a large desk like structure that he too had recently bought. It went much faster as I immediately took charge. Only 4 hours that time. Later that night we had to go to Bogotá.

So Wednesday we had a zone meeting, requiring us to leave Yopal at 9 in the night on Tuesday. We left, arrived in Bogotá at 4 AM, had the zone meeting, ate, and then got on a bus to go back to Aguazul. We arrived in Aguazul at midnight to a huge storm. My bed got wet again.... Two nights on the bus again. I don´t mind it, but I would prefer to not have to do it. Bogotá was good though.

Thursday till Sunday we did normal work. The investigators are fine. It is a bit frustrating without having any truly progressing investigators as of right now, but we are still doing good work. One good thing is that we sought out a less active this member week, Dillan Ricardo Niño, and got him excited to come back to church. He is cool and has 15 years. I am excited to rekindle his testimony.
 So Wednesday we had a zone meeting, requiring us to leave Yopal at 9 in the night on Tuesday. We left, arrived in Bogotá at 4 AM, had the zone meeting, ate, and then got on a bus to go back to Aguazul. We arrived in Aguazul at midnight to a huge storm. My bed got wet again.... Two nights on the bus again. I don´t mind it, but I would prefer to not have to do it. Bogotá was good though.

Thursday till Sunday we did normal work. The investigators are fine. It is a bit frustrating without having any truly progressing investigators as of right now, but we are still doing good work. One good thing is that we sought out a less active this member week, Dillan Ricardo Niño, and got him excited to come back to church. He is cool and has 15 years. I am excited to rekindle his testimony.

Paola is fine. She didn´t accept our invitation to be baptized. She practically told me that she completely believes what we teach, Book of Mormon, etc., but doesn´t think it is necessary to get baptized again. We have work to do with her. She is good though. Plus, her tiny little daughter of 5 years loves me. Literally. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment