Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Leaving Bucaramanga



This week we had a multi-zone conference. I did well on the training that we did. We talked about conversion through the Book of Mormon. I think we brought our point across very well. It was a good day.

Also, this week I had the opportunity to attend the baptism of a man that I helped teach here in Cañaveral. He never was living in our area, but would come to our chapel sometimes and ask us to teach him. Some of the other Elders did not pay attention to him, but I was glad I did, because he got baptized this week. It was cool to see.



You all asked about Jonathan. Jonathan is a 22 year old that contacted us one day in the street. He works selling cellphones and stuff like that. He has a big heart and a good desire to learn. It was cool because this last Sunday he arrived late to church and we asked him why. He explained that his relatives arrived from the coast and wanted to spend time with him, but he told them he had an appointment with the Lord. Cool.


We have spiritual experiences every single day and I love it. It is just the truth that we do the same thing every single day and we have the spirit with us all the time, so usually it does not jump out like it maybe did before the mission. 

Transfers are coming up this Sunday. I do not know where I will go, but I mentioned to President that I want to train and open an area. We will see what happens. I could use some cold air though. Maybe Bogotá or Sogamoso or Duitama. We will wait and see.



It is sad to think that this week will probably be my last here in Bucaramanga. I love this city so much. I also know the city inside and out. The people here are always fiery, like a true Santanderiano, but I love it. I has been hard to not see many "fruits" over the last 7 months, especially when the only 3 baptisms you have had are all inactive. There is not one day that goes by when I do not think about the Xiomara, Tatiana, and Giovannis and what happened to them. All in all though, I can look back at my time in Cañaveral and say with confidence that I tried hard, was obedient, led the zone like a champ, and loved every trying minute. 

A classic talk on Grace for dad.   https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/brad-wilcox_his-grace-is-sufficient/

Personal study is very enjoyable. Companion study too, usually. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment