Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tanner's Thought on Ammon



This week was really good. We had a lot of teaching opportunities, a lot of news, and we are doing really well with Alexander and Martha. They are great. Already have the 3 attendances necessary to be able to be baptized. They, well more especially Alexander, knows more about church history than the lifelong members. He knew that Joseph Smith prophesied the Civil War, and I thought I was special for knowing that. May 7th will be a good day. However, they are planning to move to a city called Tunja, which does have the church, but to be honest I hope they move after the 7th of May. It would be really nice to see them baptized.

Also, we are seeing progress with a man named Juan. He arrived to the church by himself one day and we have met with him just a few times. We will see where it goes, but he has some real potential. We hope to be able to put a fecha with him this week. He has an 11 year old daughter that he wants to bring to the church, but we have yet to meet her.



Elder Wright and I are doing really well. He is a good friend and we are working hard. Faca is a good little city with prepared people. I enjoy training him and we get a long real well.

This week Elder Montoya of the 70 did a tour of the mission. It was good. He did a good job speaking and then afterwards we went to Chiles in Bogota. It was like being in the states. Weird.



Sometimes I feel similar to Ammon in Alma 17:23.

 21 And thus Ammon was carried before the king who was over the land of Ishmael; and his name was Lamoni; and he was a descendant of Ishmael.
 22 And the king inquired of Ammon if it were his desire to dwell in the land among the Lamanites, or among his people.
 23 And Ammon said unto him: Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die.

I am not perfect, but I can say that I love Colombia.

No comments:

Post a Comment